What is Segue?
Segue's service covers
What does the Segue data migration service do?
Segue enables firms to switch all capital market transactions, position data and analytics easily and quickly into one platform and combine insights through modular integration with a fully comprehensive cross asset class coverage and support. The platform has been designed and built by our own migration experts, with the objective of providing a scalable and technology-driven managed service for firms completing investment migration activities.
The migration service capability includes fund and security master, migration of positions, and transaction data while supporting lifecycle management for Trading, Middle Office and Investment and Accounting Operations.
Count on Segue to ensure data integrity, compliance and security.
Our services are offered in two formats: as software only or a managed service.
- Managed service: We provide fully operational style service for our clients including data migration source extraction, mapping, exception management, reconciliation, testing, migration analytics and early support.
- Software as a service: Software licensing and centrally hosted
Watch our demo video to learn more
Who is Segue for?
The Segue platform has been designed and built with the objective of providing a scalable and technology-driven service for firms completing Trading and Investment Operations Accounting activities along with system migrations.
Segue enables firms to transition all capital market transactions, position data and analytics easily and quickly into one platform and combine insights through modular integration with a fully comprehensive cross asset class coverage and support.
- Service Providers
- Financial technology companies and other businesses in need of investment transaction data
- Asset Managers, consultancies, insurance companies and all wealth professionals
- Asset Owners
How does Segue work?
- Segue uses advanced integration framework to connect with the world's leading capital markets service and technology providers for cross asset classes including CRD, SS&C, Calypso and Fund Administrators.
- Cross-asset instrument coverage. Supports 45 instrument types including derivatives, fixed income, equities, foreign exchange and private asset classes, including market events.
- Bank Loan, CFD and Prime Broker agnostic. Precanned with some of the leading street brokers
- FinTech cloud and managed service expertise. Supported and managed by experienced migration engineers, accountants and architects.
Our cloud technology validates data and accelerates the overall client migration experience
Segue Data Preparation
Segue uses advanced integration framework (AIF) to connect with the world's leading capital markets service and technology providers for cross asset classes including CRD, SS&C, Calypso and Fund Administrators.
Instrument Destination: Segue consumes client specification data files and saves these as instrument destinations. This enables Segue to successfully map source data received for each instrument into the corresponding destination required for output.
Instrument Configuration: Segue encompasses built-in functions that allow the user to adjust data from source files and generate an output as per the client destination specifications.
The table below describes Segue's six standard source data files alongside a short description of what each typically comprises of:
|Positions||Provides a snapshot of what positions are held at a specific point time. i.e., End of Day, Start of day or valuation point. It will include data such as fund, security ID, quantity & cost|
|Trades||Show outstanding trades at the time of migration, will include trade specific data such as Trade date value date, transaction fees & transaction number|
|Fund Master||Shows all the data requirements for the fund setup such as valuation point, domicile, base currency|
|Security Master||Shows all the static required to setup a security for example on CFD it would show the payment frequency, bonds the interest rate accrual methodology. It would also show as many market identifiers as possible to ensure the correct security is setup|
|FX||Will reflect the FX rates for every valuation been migrated. If the outgoing system is USD based, we would expect to see a EUR/USD FX rate for all valuation points. This is to ensure we have the correct base market value on migration day.|
|Residual Data||Every system will have slightly different way of naming the same thing. For example, might describe accrual methodology as ACT/ACT while another might call it Actual/Actual. This file which is generally 2/3 columns will convert the data in one system's language to the new systems' language.|
Segue encompasses built-in features which instantly save time, as well as being dynamic and adaptable to each client.
What does the Segue service include?
- Capturing all relevant sources including Fund & account details
- Account methodology (FIFO / weighted average)
- Capture securities, currencies & issuers
- Pricing information (MTM, FX, Rates, OTC, Real Assets)
- GL Code & descriptions
- Capture and record trades and open positions upon extract or using advance integration framework from client OMS / PMS standard message format protocol
- Provide trade and position information to new provider as required
- Capture existing transactions and/or archived trades including back book(s) as required
- Requirement analyses
- Conversion data migration
- Parallel run
- Early care
- Fund Codes
- Broker Code
- Security static accrual method, payment frequency, SSls, resets and commissions
Segue is quicker for your migration
Our Segue migration managed service is comprised of experienced accountants, engineers and architects who have a deep domain understanding of the capital markets instruments and workflows, as well as Cloud, MSA, SaaS, PaaS related service models.
The Global Cloud Migration Services Market is expected to grow from USD 3,185.25 Million in 2018 to USD 8,975.32 Million by the end of 2025 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15.95%.
Source: Cloud Migration Services Market Research Report by Service Type, by Application, by Vertical - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative impact of COVID-19
Why should firms use a managed service migration provider?
Growing regulatory burdens, shrinking profit margins, and rapidly changing markets are forcing investment firms to rethink their technology solutions and deployment options.
Partially in response to these challenges, firms are increasingly migrating their front and middle office systems to the cloud and operation to managed services. Cloud deployment provides several key benefits, including frequent software upgrades, high quality data, predictable costs, and the latest cybersecurity.
According to industry research, cloud managed services for IT will increase by more than 50% over the next five years. In fact, according to Markets and Markets, the managed service provider industry will reach a whopping $282 billion by 2023. which is a 56% surge from what the market saw last year.